Frequently Asked Questions
How is on-line therapy different to being in the therapy room?
- The only difference is that we see each other through the computer screen
- The online therapeutic relationship is no less effective or less personal
- We are just working under different circumstances
How secure is on-line therapy?
- Online therapy is accessed via Zoom video conferencing software
- Zoom places security as the highest priority in its services.
- Zoom strives to continually provide a robust set of security features and practices to meet the requirements of individuals for safe and secure communication.
- Zoom uses 256-bit TLS encryption, is a secure, private and reliable service.
- Your privacy is important to me
- We can meet and see each other on the screen
What skills do I need to do on-line therapy?
- You need basic knowledge in using Email and have an email address
- You need to have access to the Internet and Phone
- We can have Video consultations
- We can have phone consultations
What types of issues do you work with online?
- Personal growth & Creativity
- Issues of Grief, Loss
- Managing Anxiety & Stress
- Working your way through Depression
- Finding oneself lost or directionless
- Strengthening Relationships
- Working through Relationship issues
- Transitions in life
- Exploring feelings and managing emotions
Who do you work with?
- I work with adults over 18 years of age
- I work with men and women
- I work with couples
- I provide Professional Supervision to therapists
- Anyone who seeks support to get through a challenging issue
I can’t draw and I’m no good at Art. Can I still do therapy with you?
- You do not need to be creative or know how to draw.
- It is the process we focus on, not the product you create.
- Fears often come from a place of perfectionism or judgement and external expectations.
- I can help you allay any fears.
How will I know if on-line therapy suits me?
- I offer a FREE 15 min consultation for you and me to meet and to see if we can work together