From the comfort of your home, office or studio!
Benefits of Online counselling, Art Therapy & Coaching
- Easily accessible
- A practical solution for individuals living in rural or remote areas
- Those that are physically disabled or unable to leave their home can also easily access such services
access in the comfort and privacy of your home or office
eliminate the hassle of travelling to appointment
For individuals who are ambivalent about therapy or who may be uncomfortable with traditional models of therapy, may find online counselling more suitable
May be preferred by those who are uncomfortable with talking face to face with someone about their problems or who may suffer from social phobias, agoraphobia or anxiety disorders.
- For individuals who feel ambivalent about therapy, Online Counselling may be a preferable option
- for people who are uncomfortable with traditional models of therapy, may find online counselling more suitable
May be preferred by those who are uncomfortable with talking face to face with someone about their problems
Online Therapy can be a comforting alternative for people who suffer from social phobias, agoraphobia or anxiety disorders.
Online counselling may also be effective in eliminating the social stigma associated with receiving therapy.
Allows access to such services in private without a visit to a counselling facility.
Can offer a degree of anonymity
Other ways of communication
Research suggests that journaling and art processes during times of distress can be particularly beneficial for clients particularly as a great avenue for emotional and self-expression.
As an interactive form of therapy, creative interventions delivered on-line may be effective in encouraging clients to express themselves in self–reflective ways. Images can serve as a record and reference point for review and in the assessment of change and progress.
Frequently Asked Questions
How is on-line therapy different to being in the therapy room?
- The only difference is that we see each other through the computer screen
- The online therapeutic relationship is no less effective or less personal
- We are just working under different circumstances
How secure is on-line therapy?
- Online therapy is accessed via Zoom video conferencing software
- Zoom places security as the highest priority in its services.
- Zoom strives to continually provide a robust set of security features and practices to meet the requirements of individuals for safe and secure communication.
- Zoom uses 256-bit TLS encryption, is a secure, private and reliable service.
- Your privacy is important to me
- We can meet and see each other on the screen
What skills do I need to do on-line therapy?
- You need basic knowledge in using Email and have an email address
- You need to have access to the Internet and Phone
- We can have Video consultations
- We can have phone consultations
What types of issues do you work with online?
- Personal growth & Creativity
- Issues of Grief, Loss
- Managing Anxiety & Stress
- Working your way through Depression
- Finding oneself lost or directionless
- Strengthening Relationships
- Working through Relationship issues
- Transitions in life
- Exploring feelings and managing emotions
Who do you work with?
- I work with adults over 18 years of age
- I work with men and women
- I work with couples
- I provide Professional Supervision to therapists
- Anyone who seeks support to get through a challenging issue
I can’t draw and I’m no good at Art. Can I still do therapy with you?
- You do not need to be creative or know how to draw.
- It is the process we focus on, not the product you create.
- Fears often come from a place of perfectionism or judgement and external expectations.
- I can help you allay any fears.
How will I know if on-line therapy suits me?
- I offer a FREE 20 min consultation for you and me to meet and to see if we can work together
Schedule your Free 20 Minute Consultation
An opportunity to ‘meet’ each other, to ask questions, see if we are a ‘good fit’ and if I can assist you with your concerns.
Terms and Conditions for Online Therapy
Be ready in advance:
- Technology is not always reliable, so try to be at your computer or laptop 15 mins in advance so you can resolve any issues at your end before we start.
- As you are my therapy client, I cannot be expected to resolve your technical issues.
- Please find a private, safe spot so that we can start on time and so that your own safety, confidentiality and privacy is protected.
Why I use Zoom:
- Other software applications, such as Skype, do not adhere to Australian or International Privacy Laws.
- I will send you information and your contract prior to our session together.
- Note: I will email you with our unique code every time, once I receive payment from you.
- Bookings must be paid for in advance prior to therapy
- Any contractual information that I send to you is required to be signed and filled in prior starting our work together.
- The client contract needs to be signed by you for us to begin work together.
- The contract specifies important information regarding mandatory reporting and my Professional responsibilities as a Therapist.
- I will not record any of our sessions or any online or Zoom sessions with you to protect your privacy and confidentiality.
- I expect that you also will NOT record the session. Permission must be sought by either you or myself in order to record all or any part of the session. A signed permission form must be completed to record a session.
Cancelations & Refunds:
- If an appointment is missed without a minimum of 24-48 hr notice, cancellation fees will apply.
- Online counselling, coaching or creative therapy fees will not be refunded unless it can be shown that the advertised services were not delivered as per my website or by private consultation between us.
- If you, the client, change your mind or decide that the service is not what you wanted after it has been delivered, then please discuss this directly with me to see if we can reach a resolution between us.
- I keep all your private information and documentation in a locked filing cabinet. Clinical notes can be accessed at any time by you. Counselling files can also be subpoenaed by another party, as per all other counselling services.
About me in brief:
- I am qualified in Art Therapy, Counselling, Mental Health, Supervision and Education. I am also a professional Artist.
- I am NOT a psychologist or social worker and I do not offer rebates from the Australian government.
- I aim to provide you with the best possible service and take my work and you requesting my service seriously.
- If I cannot assist you further, I will refer you on to another service.
I look forward to working with you on the online therapy platform. It is a privilege.