I.V.O.E Studio is Located in the heart of the historical town of Toodyay, Western Australia.
104a Stirling Terrace, Toodyay, WA.
Benefits of Studio-based Art Therapy Groups:
The safe and nurturing environment created within the Art Therapy Studio fosters a sense of belonging and encourages a focus on building resilience, creativity and self-care. Group participants have reported a greater sense of empowerment and hope for the future.
- Help participants to develop confidence in own abilities, skills and esteem
- Help to enhance relationships and build social skills
- Help participants to developing expressiveness and creativity
- Helps with memory and understanding
- Develops a sense of belonging
- Enhances emotional and social development
- Enhances qualities of perseverance and problem-solving skills
- Thinking creatively helps individuals to find their own solutions to problems
- Helps to build self-responsibility
- Builds self-esteem, self-worth and emotional resilience
- Develops a positive self-perception
- Assists in the development of skills and learning
- Enhances motivation and self-determination
- Develops co-operative ways of being with others
- Encourages and develops different learning styles
About Art Therapy
- Art therapy is a non-judgemental, non-invasive, gentle therapy
- Art therapy involves the deliberate use of art-making to address psychological and emotional needs.
- It is not art and it is not craft, although both art and craft materials and ideas are used.
- Art therapy uses art media and the creative process to help foster self-expression, enhance coping skills, manage stress, and strengthens a sense of self.
- You do not need to be good at art to participate or to benefit from art therapy
- Although it is all those things, it is also very powerful and can touch deeply
The Creative Process
- Creating empowers and engages our participation in our health
- The creative process awakens and enlivens our energy
- Remember to be gentle with yourself
- hen painting together we become a part of a creative community and we have a sense of belonging
- As a community of women we can draw strength from one another.
- Art therapy as a reflective practice, enables you to think about things that you may not have had time to think through or express with clarity.
Dr. Despina is available by appointment.
To schedule an appointment or meeting time with Despina please use the appointments page.